Best 8 Easy Ways To Cook Fish
Are you also tired of following the same old traditional ways to cook fish as your grandma used to do? If so my friend you are at the right place.
No one likes to spend hours standing in the kitchen cooking a perfect delicious meal and in that case fish is just a right option for a quick yet scrumptious dinner as they take roughly 20 to 30 minutes to cook and taste just amazing with minimum efforts.
Apart from being a delicious meal fishes are packed with nutrients like omega 3 fatty acids, vit D and B2 and many other important minerals which promote healthy hair, bones, nails and skin making it a treat for both health and beauty.
Well let’s come down to the actual context of how to cook fish in a quick and easy way. Below are listed 8 easy ways you can use to cook fish for your dinner.
1) Pan-Seared Fish
- For a pan-seared fish, you will need a fish fillet or a whole fish at room temperature, salt, and any of your favorite seasoning.
- Start by seasoning your fish fillet with some salt and lemon juice, you can also use vinegar in place of lemon juice, and let it sit for 15 minutes
- Then pat your fish fillet with a paper towel to remove excess water. It’s an essential step because we are not planning to put the whole kitchen on fire.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the pan, I will recommend using olive oil or mustard seed oil for enhancing the flavor.
- Heat up the oil for 2 minutes then carefully place your fillet in the pan.
- Sear each side for 5 minutes or till you get that beautiful golden-brown color on each side.
- Dish out your fish and sprinkle your favorite seasoning on top of that freshly fried fish fillet. Remember to season your fish while it’s hot.
- Serve with lemon veggies and a bowl of plain rice.
2) Fish Tempura
For fish tempura, you will need bite-size fish cubes at room temperature, corn starch, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Start by preparing the tempura batter using corn starch, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Add water if the batter is thick to make it into a smooth runny consistency.
- Take a deep pan and fill it with oil enough for deep frying.
- When oil reaches 300F it’s ready to fry.
- Dip fish cubes in the tempura batter one by one and drop them in hot oil and fry them until they get crispy ( golden brown).
- Dish out the fish on a paper towel and sprinkle with chopped green onions. You can also prepare a glaze or sauce for your fish tempura or can enjoy as it is.
3) Air Fried Fish
For air frying you will need seasoned fish fillet, all purpose flour, eggs and panko.
- Start off by coating fish fillet with all purpose flour, egg wash, and panko.
- preheat your airfryer at 180 degrees for a minimum 5 minutes.
- Spray the airfryer with some oil and place your coated fish in it. (don not over crowd the fryer)
- Air-Fry the fish for no more than 7 minutes.
- Serve with air-fried fries.
4) Fish In Foil
To prepare fish in foil first thing you have to do is to season your fish with a spice rub or marinade. You can use any spice rub of your choice or a marinade of soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, chilli, ginger and garlic.
- Start by marinating your fish for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for at least 10 minutes.
- take a piece of foil and wrap your marinated or seasoned fish in it.
- Place your wrapped fish on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take your fish out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before unwrapping it so the flavors get locked and you are done.
5) Bar.B.Q Grilled Fish
In BBQ grilled fish you will need a whole cleaned fish with deep cuts, lemon juice, ginger and garlic paste / powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, cayenne powder, salt and oil.
- Prepare a rub for marination with above mentioned spices.
- Marinate the fish for 20 minutes.
- Prepare your bbq grill and preheat it for 10 minutes.
- Place fish on the grill and brush it with oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes each side.
- Serve with sour cream and salad.
6) Steamed Fish
For steamed fish you need fish fillets or whole fish with deep cuts, lime juice, ginger and garlic paste / powder, and your favorite spice rub.
- Prepare a paste with the above ingredients for marination.
- Marinate your fish for 30 minutes.
- Fill the steamer with water and let it simmer.
- Place your fish in the steamer and cook for 20 minutes or until well done.
- A healthy protein-rich meal is ready.
7) Oven Baked Fish
The ingredients for baked fish are fish fillets with or without skin, lime slices, salt, pepper, olive oil, and thyme.
- Season fish with salt and pepper with a drizzle of oil.
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Place parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Lay down lemon slices, thyme, and oil at the base of the sheet.
- Place your fish on top of lemons and pop it in the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes or till fish easily gets flaked.
- Baked fish is ready to eat.
8) Curried Fish
For curried fish you need clean fish slices, onion, minced garlic, tomato, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder.
- Season your fish slices with salt and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Pat them dry and shallow fry them in a pan, and keep aside.
- Prepare curry by adding onions to the pan and saute till translucent.
- Add tomatoes, minced garlic and all spices to the onion and statue till oil separates.
- Add water to the curry mixture and cook until well-combined.
- Add fish slices to the curry and simmer for 3 minutes, and your delicious fish curry is ready.